Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Adapting

Hey everybody this is the second post that I am making through my parents. If you do have any comments please send them to cjohnson627@gmail.com Also identify yourself in the email so that I can respond. I am now in my second city in China (Yangshuo) and I am beginning to really get into the frame of mind that I will be living here for a whole year. While that is a scary prospect I think that everyday I am getting more and more excited to start my life here. One of the strangest things is that I will not be returning to Elon this fall. I miss every aspect of my life there at Elon and I have to say that I feel a bit like I am jumping into the unknown. However my orientation starts Monday and I am thinking that as I learn more about what it will be like to actually teach I will become exponentially more comfortable in this country. I am slow to set up skype and whatnot but hopefully I will be able to manage that pretty soon after I reach the city I will be working in. One plus of being here early is that I am able to meet all sorts of interesting people who have already lived in China for months and years. It is comforting that they tell me I will undoubtedly feel better soon. I miss all of you but I think that to truly adapt in China I will have to manage to spread my roots here just as I had to at Elon four years ago.
C. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment