Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kayaking

Okay, Vang Vieng was fun, but we couldn't stay there forever... so yesterday, it was on to Vientiane. Instead of just hopping on a bus and taking a long 3-hour trip down to Laos' capital, we decided to go kayaking. It was a blast!

We started by going through a couple of small rapids. Frank, Vinny and I all fell in the water... unfortunately Frank brought the trophy with him and it was never seen again. Actually, it was a fitting end for our brave mascot. Before stopping for a picnic of BBQ'd chicken and veggies with rice, we were given the opportunity to jump off a ten meter cliff into the river. Also a blast!!

Vientiane is a bit seedy for my tastes but we are only spending a bit of time here so it'll be allright. This morning I went for a walk down by the river and now I'm writing this post. This is our last full day here in Laos so I'm sure we will make the most of it.

Thanks for reading.
C. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment