Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Final Countdown

A little over a week until I head off to China. I have packed all of my work close in my suitcase/trekking pack. I also have one hiking pack that I still need to pack. And that's it, two bags... Whatever doesn't fit in those bags will be left behind. On a funny note Ping, my contact at Buckland, assured me I would be able to buy clothing while in China. I had to tell her that I can't find clothes that fit me in the U.S. so there is no way that I can get them in China. I don't think she understands how tall I am yet.

I'm done with Brookstone and it seems like this may be the last time that I ever work for them, although I have said that before. I have been reading a lot of 'hippie' travel literature: Dharma Bums, Into the Wild, Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven, etc. It has made me both excited and apprehensive to travel since some pretty crazy things happen to the characters in those novels. I will be setting up a skype account before I go so I can stay in touch with you all.

2 comments:

  1. omg so nervous/happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add "Into Thin Air" onto that list..I think I actually believe you now in saying you are done working at BS.

    ReplyDelete