Friday, July 31, 2009

T-6 Days For the Rest of My Life

Hey yall this will probably be my last post until I reach China. I'm six days away and still have no visa but that should be on its way. The closer that I get to my flight out of the U.S. the farther away I feel my connection to this place slipping. I have decided that this trip will almost certainly last more than 11 short months. That is because I do not think that I could possibly quench my thirst for Asia in under a year. I don't know whether it is Asia's magnetic pull or the sourness of American politics and lifestyles that urges me on, probably a balance of both, but something deep inside of me wants to just 'GO'. I love all of my friends from Elon and Wellington and I really do hope that we can keep in touch. I think it is odd that someone who just graduated from college has cabin fever like I do but it is true. I find myself more akin to Alexander Supertramp than Chris McCandless every day I spend here in Wellington. I will be updating this blog with maps and the like so you can check out where I've been. Thanks for being my friends and thanks for following my blog... See you at the five year reunion.
C. Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Supertramp...If you would like to donate all your money and live in Asia for the rest of your life...my bank account is always open. haha

    ReplyDelete