Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hong Kong (aka) HK

Saturday, October 3

Hey things are going pretty well here in HK. The train ride was just fine and not too long... still no luck on getting an upgrade for the way back into China. The metro system here in HK is massive but quite convenient and after a day of trial and error I am starting to figure it out pretty well.

I started the morning at the 10,000 Buddhas Temple in the North. In fact, there are several 10s of thousands of Buddhas from the entrance to the temple proper but the main attraction is the main temple that has 12,000 some odd individual Buddhas. Next up was HK Heritage Museum, a fantastic collection of art and history from HK and a great way to spend the hottest hours of the day indoors. My third destination was a small recreation Hakka village in the far North West of the new territories. This region is actually rural, like Burlington (NC) rural, and even though I failed to find the town, it was a blast to just walk up and down main street for a bit. Then it was a long ride onto the HK island.

I walked around the city for a bit and feeling overwhelmed decided to find my hostel. The hostel is situated within the crowded streets of Causeway Bay. I have a line behind me here in the hostel, so I will update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment