Saturday, January 30, 2010

C.H. part 2





Today was thoroughly relaxing... I woke up late and had some breakfast before booking my bus ticket for the next leg of the trip. After that I walked a few kilometers down the main highway, which was both treacherous and beautiful, and checked out the Cameron Bharat Tea farm in the Cameron Valley. The valley is one of the most beautiful things places I have ever seen. I took a ton of pictures but unfortunately I am having trouble finding them on this comp so I included the one that I did find! Below the elevation of the valley walls there were at least twenty distinct rolling summits or soft ridges. It is undoubtedly the most unique and interesting topography I have ever seen. Unlike in the Rockies where the mighty Colorado River has carved out massive defined valleys, here in the Highlands, millions of years of monsoon rains have worn the land into a never ending horizon of undulating hills. The tea plantation created an additional effect of strangeness to the environment. The hills look as if someone punched a quilt several times from beneath it and the fabric just stayed in its disturbed state. Very beautiful. I will try to get some of the better pictures up.
C. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment