Sunday, January 17, 2010

Getting Ready for an Adventure

First off I would like to thank everyone who followed my blog this fall. The last few months have been sparse with exciting details but I will try to recap a bit. Teaching, teaching, teaching... Teaching here is both a burden and a blessing. Obviously there are good days and bad days but the good days seem to outweigh the bad up to this point. I am planning on staying another year here in China although it is quite possible that I will fall in love with one the places I visit in Southeast Asia.

In just four short days I will begin my trip from Singapore to Angkor Wat Thailand and as such I thought that I would spend my first post back previewing the trip. I will spend the first few days in the same place I had my orientation, Guilin/Yangshuo, China. I am excited to meet up with a few folks from my company but mainly I am looking forward to a few days of R and R! On the 25th I will be flying from Guilin to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. From the 25th to the 8th of February I will be bumming around Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore. I am secretly obsessed with the Petronas Towers in Malaysia (best Puzz 3D I have ever done) and this is what I am looking forward to the most for this portion of the trip.

On February 8th I have a $37 flight from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket Thailand... should be fun! The next two weeks will be spent in Thailand doing the Thai thing. Actually I do have a few things on the docket for this period. The beach is priority number one. Second will be temple hopping in Bangkok. I am also planning on renting a motorcycle while in Phuket and scooting around the countryside for a few days. There is also a chance I will get scuba certified although that will be dependent upon when my buddies from China are going to be in the same place I am.

Finally comes the crown jewel of my trip, a seven day excursion into Cambodia. I will be visiting the unbelievable site of the ancient city of Angkor Wat... religious studies nuts pay attention to those posts. After that I will have just 48 short hours to get back to Xin Wen Xue Xiao to start teaching again. I am super excited for my trip to begin and hope that you will all join me on this adventure by following me on this blog!

Thanks,
C. Johnson

1 comment:

  1. If you want to get Scuba trained near Phuket, you can take a ferry to Phi Phi Island. They have some really good programs there for around 300 US...Also, Ko Tao across the peninsula is famous for getting scuba trained for dirt cheap. You can get there through Surat Thani.

    Anyhow... glad to see your adventures have kicked off with a bang

    ReplyDelete