Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bangkok 2

Okay let me be a dork for just a minute. The temples here in Bangkok are absolutely incredible. INCREDIBLE. I have never seen anything like them. In India? NO! In China? NO! Constantly when studying the Asian religions you are reminded by native tour guides of how beautiful a temple USED to be. How there USED to be gold plated paintings on this wall or that wall. How there USED to be a gorgeous wat in a given place. The temples here in Bangkok have been maintaned immaculately and i have never seen anything like them. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT. The temples here have inspired me to head up north where the temples are even more impressive. When I get back to China I will be posting pictures again. It is just too hard to do it at a new computer each time. No worries tho, I will include plenty from Bangkok. In a few days I'll be heading north again to a pair of towns that I cant yet pronounce and certainly can't spell. Seven more days on this trip for those of you who are counting.
Craig

1 comment: