Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Travel Day

Hey guys,
Today I'm on my way down the coast to Melaka. I'm a little bit further than halfway now, currently at a short layover in Kuala Lumpur, and I figured I write to you now seeing as it'l be pretty late when I get to my destination. Melaka is worth visiting because it has been used as a shipping port for foreign powers all the way back to this Sumatran prince in who knows when. (I'm sure I'll know by the end of tomorrow). It has been controlled by the Indians, Indonesians, Dutch, and Portuguese and I am super excited to get a look at all the fusion architecture and a taste of all the fusion foods. I'll only be spending one full day there (my excursion down to Pulau Pangkor was fun but did cost me some time) and then it will be on to Singapore. Hope to update you all about Melaka tomorrow,
C. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment