Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh, what a day!

So phuket is all about the beach of course but it is also all about the night life. Seeing as I have mostly been in the jungle alone for the last few weeks I figured I would partake in the festivities a bit as long as I am here. Yesterday after lunch (at around 1PM) I stopped in at a bar alongside the beach for a single beer. About half way through it however I was bear hugged from behind by an incredibly intimidating Finnish (from Finland) man. At first I thought he was going to hit me, so i braced for impact. Instead a dopey grin came across his face and he screamed "TNT" at the top of his lungs while pumping his fists. ACDC was on the stereo system. He said to me in bearly comprehensable English, "You are very tall. You need more Tequila. Kobb! Kobb bring us five Tequilas, he will have two." That is how I met Marco, Juhan, and Janny. Several hours later, at the bequest of just about everyone else at the bar, I dragged Juhan and Marco to a tuktuk and (quite literally) tossed them inside of it. None of us were too sure where those guys were staying but Janny (also a Fin but not 'with' Juhan and Marco) could have sworn they said something about the paradise hotel... which is also where one would go should he want to find a gay prostitute. "God speed Marco," I screamed after them as they were driven off into the sunset. I returned to the bar to a round of applause and a cheers from Janny.
C. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment